Saturday, January 24, 2009

Promoter? Sales talk?

I do not really like to do sales talks basically but that's the only common job that I could know and look for(is the only job where schoolleaver who wait for result qualify for). In two months I have been through 2 different job which is promoter. The first month I was a ladies department's promoter and that is my 1st ever job. No longer pampered by all the comfort and luxury in my house, I basically quite enthusiastic about this job since its my 1st job. Although its not reasonably paid, I do it. But then the longer I do this job, the more I feel empty about this job. Thats because I don't have the freedom of choosing working shift compare to my counterparts, low payment, longer working time and the list goes on and on. By GOD providence I guess, I found another job(biscuit promoter is supermarket) which is higher salary and shorter working hours.

Bingo! However there is a catch: this job is till end of the month only. I rather not think about it and take it gracefully.My dream of getting the job that I wanted may come true. Sadly, my dream was ruined by my employer as she was pretty hot-tempered person. So I do expect some hard time for this work. But, hey the enforcement in this supermarket I work in is pretty poor. Such turn out I get a lot of chance of rest in the store rather standing at my counter to promote and do sales talk whole time.

Then again, after two weeks I work, my boss turned up at my working place and scolded me that the arrangement of the stock at the rack is like rubbish. The whole supermarket management is complaining me. Not only that, even the biscuit company's employee who spy on me also complain for my lackadaisical attitude.

It was a harsh word that she spit on me in front of people that day. I was utterly freaked out! My thought of having a smooth have been wrecked by her. I was totally terrified, speechless and my body wobble by the stung of her word. She give me the target and ask me to sell off the products or I'll be in deep trouble. I started to hate this job and my employer and seriously hope it will end soon

Since then I was very fear that she would appear at nowhere, so I just clenched my fist and just stand at my counter and do some sales talk. Day after day, time after time, finally its the last day of my work, then just when I want to head out, my employer SMS me and asking my need not to go to work anymore. I rang her and she say I was doing nothing wrong as I had sell 98% of the stock and there is not a need for me to stand there anymore. She then say'Thank you for your magnificent job and co-operation, you have done a great job".

From that moment, I do feel that I want to continue with this job as I learned the responsible as a promoter but hey, its over.......

No comments:

Post a Comment