Saturday, February 28, 2009

All that glitters is not gold

"All that glitters is not gold". Perhaps it is the correct phrase I use to describe my life which seems so "fantasy". To be frank I come from a well doing family which is not too poor nor too rich compare to these families. So basically I have some luxuries which include a RM300 Puma footwear, a RM200++ Reebok outdoor shoes, few around the same price sandals, apparels with 1 RM500++ time piece and RM400++ eye wear and some other stuff. Sounds like I want to show off?

While it is normal stuff to other richer people/ friend, it is enough to amaze my friend. So often they praised, envy and describe my life as perfect and good to have such pricey things. Although these seems that I really have a great life but in fact it's not that simple, behind it I have to make a lot sacrifice which is not shown and known by my friend.

I was born at the Year of Goat while my dad was born at the Year of Ox. Few months after I born, my family seek advice from a fortune teller. The fortune teller say I and my father will not live in peace and harmony and will have a lot arguments and fights. Reason? Both of us have "horn" and it's a symbolism of grudge against each other everytime one meets and another.

Though sound superstitious but it turned out to be true. From the year I go to school both of argue us but most of time I'm the one who lose or retreat because I still his support(I don't really feel remorseful because I believe what I defend is good thing). Years after year these scenario continues and as I go to secondary school and became more aware for my surroundings,we tend to have a greater feud. Both shout at each other when things are not going what you want to be and tend to be. Non of us willing to give up. To get these luxuries I have to been through numbers of nagging,arguing, debating, scold and other way by my father. The longer this cycle go the longer we will against with each other.

I really can't believe what the fortune teller tell is true but the facts had prove it. It also make sense when you think like this. Maybe the this is what Feng Shui Master say " Feng Shui is playing prank". Even though my friend don't have much these luxuries, they live in harmony with their family, a good relationship with their dad and that's what really envy me the most. Definitely........

No comments:

Post a Comment