Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adrenaline Rush

Last month my friend who just back from mountain climbing at Peru ask bunch of us to have some rubbish talk while also another means for gathering since we met 3/4 months ago. He talks quite a lot though, describing how perilous in some situation he encounter during mountain climbing, the excitement, and the adrenaline rush that push beyond himself to make his way to the peak.

I've heard "adrenaline rush" many times, be it in life or in film. During my school time, my Biology teacher does teach us what the heck is adrenaline and the capabilities for it but never explain in detail. My teacher would tell me "Just learn what you need to pass the exam" which in other meaning(I guess) "Stop act like you wanna know everything!!"

From the Net it defines adrenaline rush in general as one's body temperature will rise in sudden and would sweat profusely when adrenaline rush kicks in. Okay, now I more or less can get the picture but how should I stimulate it to works in a normal situation without purposely putting my life on the line for those daredevil action?

Somehow I remember got 1 anime which got frequently repeat the word of "adrenaline rush" in the series. Initial D, that's it. From what I see and interpret, to get a feel of how adrenaline rush looks, simply do something that you feel exciting, fast heart beating but got the desire to have a go on it. Driving,bungee jump, roller coaster ride and ghost movies doesn't seems to be work.

Heck it sounds so complicated!!! 10 fold more complex than my initial thought. Eventually I just decide to give up to perform any more stupid acts and back to my routine life. I should just wait for the right time to come to experience such push. Surprisingly when I catch the drama for the grand finale episode yesterday I feel the the signs described.

That drama was a fantasy but seriously sad and touching which I've been a loyal audience for this drama from the first episode was aired. My living is cool enough blew by the air cond with the temperature set at 17 'C. Definitely cold enough to stop anyone from sweating. Not my case yesterday however.

From the time I started to watch the drama, my heart beat unusually fast, my whole body can feel the immense heat, look as it was released after trap in for long time. I sweat profusely, in a sudden and gets even greater when reach the climax and touching scenes. Such phenomenon keeps on until the end of the drama.

Don't know why I begin to like and loathe for such push. I simply doesn't encounter any situation similar when watching those dramas previously . Soon after I begin to realise, yes, this is the kind of adrenaline rush that everyone had been talking about. The reason behind these signs is because I feel excited,anxious, high desire to know what is happen next and react when reaches the part where I feel emotional the most.

I feel sympathy for such scenes,the events that happened to characters inside the drama and the ending of the drama. The drama was able to convince me to have such emotion when I watching it. It also explain why I have a sudden presence of the adrenaline rush in my body.

Although I may have some emotional disturbance for few days after witness the final episode but at the same time finally I get a taste what adrenaline rush looks when it present......

No comments:

Post a Comment